Signs that your ERP is underperforming
November 14, 2022
There are a few key signs that your ERP system is overburdened and not performing as well as it should be. Here are some things to look out for:
- Your system is slow or crashes frequently. This can signify that your system doesn’t have enough processing power or memory to handle all the tasks you’re asking it to perform. If this is the case, you may need to switch to a cloud-based solution.
- You constantly must work around the limitations of your system. If you find yourself having to use Excel spreadsheets or other manual processes to combine data from your ERP with your project management system, it’s a sign that you have disconnected software. This inefficiency costs you time and money.
- Your employees are unhappy with the system. If your employees constantly complain about your ERP system’s usability, this is a flag that requires some exploration. Is it a training issue? Or is the platform not meeting their needs? A sound ERP system should be intuitive; if yours isn’t, it may be time for a change.
Now that we’ve looked at signs that your ERP system may be underperforming let’s discuss how you can ensure it’s up to the task. Here are a few tips:
- Don’t try to do too much with one system. No system can be the best at everything. You should consider best-of-breed solutions. Your ERP system should be focused on core business functions such as accounting, inventory management, and order fulfillment. Using one system for everything—including human resources, project management, and CRM—will inevitably disappoint.
- Work with a reputable vendor. When choosing an ERP vendor, make sure you choose one with a good reputation and a track record of success. Avoid vendors who make promises they can’t keep or offer rock-bottom prices; these vendors are likely to cut corners and deliver subpar products.
- Choose a specialist! Accountability works with agencies, period. Our sole focus is our core proficiency – providing the best financial accountability for advertising agencies. That’s what our ERP was built for and that’s what we support.
Control your financial position and client profitability with comprehensive project management, time tracking, production billing, and accounting capabilities designed exclusively for agencies. Download our product sheet here.
A connected ERP system is critical to the success of your organization; it handles all your data and drives your day-to-day operations. So, it’s essential that you invest in one that future-proofs your agency. Following the tips in this blog post, you can ensure your ERP system is running smoothly and efficiently—and keep your organization running like a well-oiled machine!